You may feel frustrated with where you are at in your relationship. It used to be so easy to connect and love, and now it feels hard to communicate and say what you really mean. Sometimes arguments feel circular and like there not going anywhere. It can be hard with the added pressure of not wanting to repeat past mistakes. On top of this, you may be juggling careers, family expectations, gender role conflict and difficulties maintaining boundaries with extended family and in-laws.
You’re not just investing in yourself, but you’re creating a new culture of openness and connection for your future selves and your family. In my years of working with couples I have found that it’s vital to the health of a relationship to communicate and work toward shared goals. This doesn’t just mean sharing but also listening and connecting.
In couples therapy you can expect:
- Addressing issues and expectations in a safe space
- Increasing productive communication with your partner
- Discovering how previous family patterns have impacted your marriage or relationship
I am a trained Prepare/Enrich Facilitator and use the Prepare/Enrich assessment. It’s never too early to begin creating a strong foundation for yourselves and your future family!
I provide a 5 session premarital counseling package. In our sessions we will:
- Address expectations of marriage, current stressors, and potential barriers in communication or conflict
- Practice communication skills and provide insight into how your relationship works and doesn’t work
- Discover previous family patterns and how that may be impacting your relationship
- Discover new ways to relate to one another and establish family norms and values that you are both excited about.
Feel free to contact me for a free 15 minute consultation so we can collaborate on how to best help you.